2007 STREET STOCK RULES
1. FRAMES: All cars completely stock. Full frame cars
only, of sedan type. Minimum wheel base 108". No hearses,
commercial vehicles, station wagons or convertibles. No foreign cars. Full
steel bodies only.
2. BODY: Body must be GM to GM, Ford to Ford, etc. Stock front windshield posts must remain in stock position. Body may not be shortened, chopped or sectioned. No homemade or aftermarket bodies.
3. Hood must be in original OEM condition. No cowl induction hoods, or open
holes for air cleaner clearance allowed. Hood scoops will be allowed as long as
there is no opening of any kind to air cleaner, for appearance only!
4. INTERIORS: Stock firewall and floor pan in stock position. Floor pan to go from front firewall to front of rear tires (behind rear passenger seat location) and from door to door. Must have rear firewall between cockpit and fuel cell- No cutting of either firewall, except for roll cage clearance.
5. Aluminum sheet allowed in interior only, for rear firewall, dash/gauge panel, and hole filler only. A full interior will be allowed as long as there is a removable panel to be able to inspect the enclosed area of the interior!!
6. All chrome trim removed from car, including door handles, moldings and mirrors. Interior sheet metal may be removed. All flammables to be removed (back seat, headliner, etc.). Trunk floor may be removed.
7. Frame must remain stock. No shortening.
8. Fenders may be trimmed for tire clearance.
9. BUMPERS: Stock front and rear bumpers in stock position. Must be chained on each side to frame or welded. Must be rounded off with tubing to prevent hooking. Must appear OEM and pass tech inspection.
10. Nose and grill may be replaced with aftermarket plastic nosepiece.
11. No tubing, bars, or iron protruding outside of OEM body lines (i.e. door nerf bars).
12. No glass or plastic windshields. Three (3) equally spaced vertical bars with screen on driver side minimal.
13. Doors must be welded and fastened shut!
14. ROLL CAGE: Full six (6) point cage with front and rear hoop is mandatory. Roll cage must be securely welded to frame. Tubing must be a minimum of 1.5" in diameter and .095 wall thickness, securely welded to the frame. Three horizontal door bars required on driver side. No galvanized, black gas, or aluminum tubing allowed. Roll cages will be inspected. Roll bars within driver area must be padded. No outside side rails allowed. Approved window net on drivers side, must be quick release, rectangular type.
15. SEATS: Approved aluminum racing seat mandatory. Seat must be secured to cage assembly using four (4) grade eight bolts with lock nuts, no less than three eighths (3/8) inch diameter. Must be mounted a minimum of 30” from the center line of the rearend to the back of the seat! No part of the seat can be behind this line. NO TOLORENCE!
16 PEDALS: Stock or Aftermarket pedals will be allowed. There can be only 1
Master Cylinder for brakes, NO Brake Balance Bars of any kind will be allowed!
17. BRAKES: Three wheel brakes will be allowed, but must be in good working order.
18. SEAT BELTS: Five point, three inch, approved safety harness mandatory (6 point-double anti sub belt recommended). Manufacturers date tag must show 1/03 or newer. If date tag is not present, belts must be replaced. Belts must be secured to cage assembly. For tab mount belts, one half (1/2) inch diameter, grade eight bolts and lock nuts must be used.
19. All cars equipped with a filled, operable fire extinguisher securely mounted within reach of the driver.
20. SUITS & HELMETS: Approved drivers suit mandatory, (Nomex recommended). Full face SNELL approved (SA-95) or newer helmets mandatory. MOTORCYCLE HELMETS (M-95) WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. Racing Gloves will be Mandatory.
21. FUEL CELL: Contained fuel cells only, fuel cells to be securely mounted in trunk area, using minimum (2) 2"x 1/8" flat steel straps. Cars to have full firewall between cell and driver.
23. STEERING: Solid Steering Column, from Steering Box to Steering Wheel. Approved Racing Steering wheel with Quick Release Hub Allowed on input shaft. No Steering Quickners allowed.
24. TIRES: Stock passenger car tires only. Tires - no tread width over 7 1/2", measured by foot print. No shaving or grooving allowed. No mud or snow tires.
25. WHEELS: Maximum 8" wide wheel Right Front or Right Rear Beadlock only. Racing wheels mandatory right side. No mags, aluminum, plastic or fiberglass wheels, 9/16" minimum studs with 1" lugs mandatory. Mud caps will be allowed.
26. All Steering / Suspension items OEM in stock location. Stock mount shocks in stock location. Aftermarket springs with spacers allowed. No screw type weight jacks.
27. REARENDS: Locked rear ends allowed. Ford rear ends okay, using OEM suspension for model. No truck rear ends.
28. RADIATORS: Aftermarket radiators will be allowed. Transmission coolers allowed in engine compartment only.
29. CARBURATORS: Stock OEM Two (2) barrel carburetor, NO HOLLEY’S!!! Carburetor to be mounted to manifold. No adapter plates. Choke can be removed. MUST FIT TRI-CITY TECH GAUGES, NO EXCEPTIONS!
30. FUEL PUMPS: OEM Style fuel pumps. Pump must be factory sealed with maximum pressure of 5 P-S-I.No Holley, C&R or similar rebuildable pumps allowed. No electric pumps.
31. INTAKE MANIFOLDS: Cast iron OEM intake, no modifications of any type allowed. No grinding or acid porting or polishing any area. Weight must be OEM.
32. EXHAUST: Exhaust must run past rear of transmission. Collector Type
Headers will be allowed.
33. FLYWHEEL & CLUTCH: Stock OEM flywheel (no aluminum). Stock single disk clutch and pressure plate per make of engine. Explosion proof bell housing required (scatter shields). Automatic transmissions to run explosion proof blanket or 1/4" steel scatter shield over converter.
34. WEIGHT: Car must weigh 3,200 at end of race with driver.
35. HEADS: Engines and head castings -- valve size remain stock for head - single valve spring only - screw-in stud guide plate OK - flat top or dish pistons only.
GM-350 CID, to use these castings only 487-882-997-624-126-493-185-339-441-993
GM 305 CID, to use these castings or larger 434-450-416-896-520-601
FORD 318 W CID C90E - and later
36. CRANKSHAFT: Stock OEM crankshaft to the engine. Stock stroke (must match block #), No polishing, knife edging, chroming or lightning of crank shafts. Balancing permitted.
37. IGNITION: Stock type HEI or point type distributors and parts. No Aftermarket Coils, MSD Ignition, or magnetos.
38. OIL PANS: "Claimer" style pans allowed.
39. CAMS: hydraulic/non roller only: stamped steel rocker arms only, no roller rockers or roller tip rockers.
40. BALLAST: Added weight permitted. Any added weight must be securely
fastened with 2 ˝” bolts minimum and must be painted white.
41. Car numbers must be registered. No duplications. Number to be at least 18" high and easily readable. To be displayed on both sides and top. All cars MUST have it's number, painted in black on a white 6" X 3" plate, mounted on the upper right corner of the windshield area.
42. Car/Driver registration required to receive track points and compete for year end awards.
43. Tri-City Speedway decals must be displayed to receive contingency or cash awards.
44. CAR PROTEST RULES:
A. All car protests must be placed with the Director of Competition no later than 10 minutes after the “A” feature.
B. The Protest Fee is $100 and must be given to an Official along with the protest. Car in protest will be checked after the main event. If the car in protest is illegal the protester will be returned his $100. If the car is legal, the $100 is given to the car in protest.
C. Any car found to be ILLEGAL will lose all Championship Points earned for the year to date of the infraction and all Money earned for the event in question.
D. Registered car owners and/or drivers are the only legal protesters.
E. TRACK OFFICIALS HAVE THE RIGHT TO INSPECT ANY CAR AT ANYTIME!
F. IF IT’S NOT WRITTEN IT IS ILLEGAL!