2013 FACTORY STOCK RULES
IT WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ALL PARTICIPANTS TO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND ALL RULES SET FORTH BY TRI-CITY SPEEDWAY!
1. SINGLE OR DUAL OVERHEAD CAM’S WILL BE ALLOWED! Any STOCK 4-cylinder car with a maximum wheelbase of 104" and a complete stock body, frame and suspension. No bracing anywhere except inside the drivers compartment. Pedals must remain STOCK for that make and model. All Insulation under hood must be removed. Dash pad and radio may be removed. No alteration to body or power train. No spoiler’s or air dam’s will be allowed.
2. CARBURETOR/FUEL SYSTEM: Stock OEM air Intake/filter system for that make and model. No turbo chargers. ALL ENGINES MUST MAINTAIN A MINIMUM OF 15 INCHES OF VACUUM AT 1,000 R.P.M. NO EXCEPTION’S!
3. TRANSMISSION: STOCK TRANSMISSION FOR THAT MAKE & MODEL! NO SWITCHING OF COMPUTERS ALLOWED!
4. SPRINGS: Stock Springs Only! NO modifications to springs will be allowed! (No cutting, bending, heating or collapsing, etc.)
5. BATTERY: Battery can be relocated inside of car, must be securely mounted in a marine style enclosed container.
6. REAREND: Stock rear end for that make and model. Rear wheel drive cars must have driveshaft loop. “Locked” rearend or transaxle will be allowed.
7. BRAKE SYSTEM: Must remain STOCK for that vehicle! No brake bias valves, proportioning valves or other brake valves allowed.
8. WHEELBASE: Must be the same from Leftside to Rightside with ¼” Tolerance Maximum!
9. TIRES: passenger tires, 60 series or taller only. Wheels and tires must be same size left to right on the front & rear. 30 lbs., air pressure minimum at all times, all four corners. No racing wheels. No grooving or siping will be allowed. Tread width will be 7” MAXIMUM!
10. GAS TANK: If stock gas tank is ahead of rear axle it may remain in place. If stock gas tank is behind rear axle, it must be replaced with a fuel cell (not to exceed 9 gallons) or 6.6 gallon maximum boat tank. Fuel cell / boat tanks must be covered, & securely mounted and located in trunk.
11. FUEL: No Racing Fuel Will Be Allowed, Pump Gas Only!
12. ROLL CAGE: A full four point, box type, roll cage is mandatory. Roll cage must be securely welded to either 1/8" plates measuring 4" x 8", or to 1/8" angle stock material welded to rocker panel area. Tubing must be a minimum of 1.5" in diameter and .095 wall thickness, Door bars required on drivers’ side. No galvanized, black iron, or aluminum tubing allowed. Roll cages will be inspected. Roll bars within driver area must be padded. Approved Window net on driver side, must be quick release, rectangular type. Both doors must be welded or chained shut. Driver side doorplates recommended.
13. SEAT: Approved aluminum racing seat mandatory. Seat must be secured to cage assembly using four (4) grade eight bolts with lock nuts, no less than three eighths (3/8) inch diameter.
14. SEAT BELTS: Five point, three inch, approved safety harness mandatory. Manufacturers date tag must show 1/10 or newer. If date tag is not present, belts must be replaced. Belts must be secured to cage assembly using one half (1/2) inch diameter, grade eight bolts and lock nuts.
15. SUITS & HELMETS: Approved drivers suit mandatory, (Nomex recommended). Full face SNELL approved (SA-95) or newer helmets mandatory. MOTORCYCLE HELMETS (M-95) WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. Racing Gloves will be Mandatory!
16. WINDSHIELD: All glass must be removed. Windshield must be replaced with heavy wire screen. Three 3/8" horizontal bars to be securely fastened in front of driver. Window net is Mandatory!
17. CLAIMS: Management claim in affect at all times. Claim amount $600.00 or exchange. Must be a running feature finishing car. Does not include fuel cell, safety equipment or seat. NO GRUDGE CLAIMS! If a claim is refused driver will lose all championship points for the year, money for that event & be suspended for 2 racing nights! Tri-City Speedway reserves the right to CLAIM any car at anytime!
18. INSPECTION: All cars are subject to a minimum specification Inspection at any time. It is the responsibility of the driver to prepare their car free of defects and in a safe racing condition. Any car to be found with added weight will be declared illegal and disqualified from that nights racing, with the loss of points and money.
19. AGE REQUIREMENT: Minimum age 12 years old, and must have a minor’s release form on file at the track!
20. APPEARANCE: Car number must be at least 24" tall and be in a legible, contrasting color on doors and roof.
21. CAR/DRIVER REGISTRATION/MEMBERSHIP: MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED TO RECIEVE TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS AND TO COMPETE FOR YEAR END AWARDS!
Tri-City Speedway decals must be displayed to receive contingency or cash awards.
22. CAR PROTEST RULES:
A. All car protests must be placed with the Director of Competition no later than 10 minutes after the “A” feature.
B. The Protest Fee is $100 and must be given to an Official along with the protest. Car in protest will be checked after the main event. If the car in protest is illegal, the protester will be returned his $100. If the car is legal, the $100 is given to the car in protest.
C. MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY OR ALL
CLAIMS OR PROTESTS!
D. Any car found to be ILLEGAL will lose all Championship Points earned for the year to date of the infraction and all Money earned for the event in question!
E. Registered car owners and/or drivers are the only legal protesters.
F. TRACK OFFICIALS HAVE THE RIGHT TO INSPECT ANY CAR AT ANYTIME!
G. IF IT’S NOT WRITTEN IT WILL BE CONSIDERED ILLEGAL!